If you are an avid Kratom user, you know that the plant’s powder has a very bitter and unpleasant taste. And therefore, it is challenging for Kratom users to consume the powdered form of the product. There are many forms of Ketum available out there in the market, like capsules, tablets, and even brewed tea. But the reason people choose the powdered form is that it is made by crushing and refining the leaves of the Mitragyna Speciosa plant directly. This quality makes the powder 100% organic. This plant is native to countries in Southeast Asia. The tribal people there chew on the leaves, and hence it became an acquired taste for them. But for those Kratom enthusiasts that reside in other parts of the world, this is a not so tempting taste. As gathered by the shreds of evidence reported by various people online, it seems that some people threw up or felt nauseous when they consumed Kratom. And even users who consume Kratom daily have had this annoying experience. Herbs like Ketum have a naturally bitter and earthy taste, and this property makes the powdered form difficult to consume. But, what if someone was to tell you that you can consume this organic form without any projectile vomiting? The answer to this question is the Toss and Wash Kratom method. This article will cover a detailed piece of information regarding this method and walk you through an easy guide on how it works.
Basics About The Method
The Toss and Wash Kratom method involves two steps, as the name suggests. First, you place or toss the powder on your tongue (preferably in the middle), and then swallow (or wash) it down your throat with the help of a glass of water or any preferred liquid. A lot of people find this method relatively helpful. This has something to do with the fact that you ingest the contents without even tasting them. The whole idea behind using this method is to get away from the annoying taste of the products.
A Detailed Step-By-Step Guide To The Method
Before you get your hands on the powder and start doing the Toss and Wash Kratom method simultaneously as you read this article, you should know that this method requires practice. You need to be patient while learning this new technique of consumption. If you do this in a hurry, there are chances that you can irritate your trachea. This can result in a possible gag and choke reflex. You may wonder how it can irritate your trachea? Well, if you try to swallow the dry powder on its own, without the help of any liquid, it can go into your windpipe, causing a cough reflex. This is why you must use a medium to swallow your powder.
What Are The Best Mediums To Help You Swallow The Powder?
Water can not possibly be the best choice to help you gulp the powder down. This is because the bitter taste of the powder can not be killed merely by water. The most preferred liquids for the Toss and Wash Kratom method are citrus juices. Citrus juices like orange, grapefruit, key lime, or lemon juice are the best choice among any liquids. These juices will help you achieve two targets with one means.
- They will have a better aftertaste compared to water so that it will narrow down the bitterness level of the green leafy powder.
- Consuming an acidic liquid along with the Ketum powder will help trigger the acidic pH of the stomach, thereby increasing the absorption rate in the stomach.
Do’s And Don’ts Of The Toss And Wash Kratom Method
For the successful ingestion of the powdered contents, here is a list of what you should and should not do:
- Measure out the proper dosage that is recommended for you
- If you are a beginner, do not exceed from 1 to 2 grams
- Exceeding your dosage can result in adverse effects or side effects
- After you measure out your dosage, split it into smaller quantities
- These minuscule amounts will be easier for you to digest
- A controlled proportion will not cause any gagging or choking from the dry Kroth.
- It is better to take the powder in 2 to 3 turns rather than one big heap
- The small quantities will also help you get over the bitter taste much quicker
- After your spoon filled with the powder is ready, flatten out the heap
- Flatten it out by leveling the powdered contents on the spoon
- This will prevent the stack from falling directly into your throat and therefore cause any irritation
- Now pour the Kroth in the middle of your tongue carefully
- Make sure that you do not breathe the powder in or try to swallow it
- Be patient while you do this, else you might end up swallowing the powder before taking in any liquid
- Take a sip from your citrus juice and gulp down the contents
- Take another sip of the juice to clear out the contents further and remove any aftertaste from the Ketum.
Why Is This Method More Favorable?
The Toss and Wash Kratom method is much more favorable since you just need a beverage to gulp the powder in. People prefer it over capsules and tablets because the powder’s effects kick in faster than any other form. These crushed leaves have a faster absorption rate; hence you reach your desired effects much quicker than with the tea or capsules. There are new variations available to this method now. The most trendy one nowadays is the ‘Mix and Wash Method.’ This method works in a very similar way to suspensions.
Mix And Wash Method
This method is related to the traditional Toss and Wash Kratom method. Mix the Kratom powder in your favorite beverage in a sealed container until all the powder dissolves. Then, gulp the whole beverage down and drink an additional sip of the plain citrus juice to clear out the remaining Kroth from your mouth. Since you are consuming Kratom in liquid form, there is no chance for you to choke on the contents. It will be easier to swallow, and thus you will save yourself the time to learn how to place the powder on your tongue correctly.
To conclude this article, the best suggestion we can offer you is to choose what suits you the best. If you think you can practice the Toss and Wash Kratom method, then you definitely should. If you face trouble with this method, you can always choose alternate options like the Mix & Wash or even shift your choice of Kratom product from powder to capsules, tablets, or perhaps tea!